Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Caged Graves by Dianne Salerni

Again this isn't a published book, but a manuscript that I read! This has become one of my all time favorites! I hope that Mrs.Salerni gets a publishing company interested in publishing The Caged Graves! Keep your fingers crossed! :D

Verity Boone is a city girl who has moved back home to Cattiwissa! Her mom and aunt have tragicly passed 15 years ago (the reason that Verrity moved to Worchester):( When Verrity was younger, she was betrothed to a man named Nathaniel McClure. One day Nate unexpectly shows up at the Boone residence to meet Verrity! But everything goes wrong! Nate accidently takes Verrity to the graveyard in which her mother was buried in (or rather out). This then leads to Verrity discovering that her mother and aunt were buried with a cage enclosing their graves! Verrity is overcome with two men interested in her shortly after moving to her birth place! It seems that no one will answer Verrity's questions about her mother, and why everyone thinks that witchcraft was involved! When Ransloe Boone feels bad for Verrity, he uncovers Sarah Ann's diaries and gives tham to Verrity! Verrity is so determined to uncover the truth about her mother's tragic death, she goes to the doctor's assistant (Hadley, who has a strong passion for Verrity) to try to find out the cause of her mother and possilby her aunt's death! But there are always mysterious things happening every day! Such as grave robbing, suspisions arising, Nate discovering the passionate interest that Hadley shares for Verrity, kidnapping, guns, and the treasure hunt for the lost gold is getting hotter and hotter!

If you want to read this book, or have, how would you rate it?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Lin-z -- Thanks for the great review! I hope I sent you some viewers today. You'll have to check your stats to see if you got hits from my site.

    What's your next review???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from one bookworm to another. Wow, this sounds like an amazing book. I'm glad you liked it so much. This is a great review and I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete

Any Bookworms Out There?

I don't know about you, but I love to read! I'm an 11 year-old bookworm! As a matter of fact being a bookworm sometimes gets me in trouble. Like when I am reading instead of getting ready for school, going to bed, or listening to what my mom is saying to me.



If this sounds like you, join me and other Bookworms on this blog. We can share comments, recommend books to each other, and just have fun!



My Favorite Books

  • The Caged Graves by Dianne Salerni
  • Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
  • Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
  • Everlost
  • Harry Potter and the deathly hallows by J. K. rowling
  • Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
  • Strange Truths by Dianne Salerni
  • Haunted by Meg Cabot
  • Peter and the Starcatchers